Garden Gate Counseling and Consulting offers a wide range of holistic services designed to improve the quality of your life. Whether you want increased joy and vitality; an increased appreciation of your own strengths and gifts; peace, relaxation and deep sleep; better relationship and communication skills; a more serene recovery from addictive behaviors; or increased attention, focus and cognitive skills, our staff of highly trained therapists and other professionals will build on your strengths and offer skilled support to help you to meet your goals. We specialize in recovery from trauma, substance use disorders, chronic pain, depression and anxiety, and brain related disorders such as ADHD, TBI's and ASD.
- Psychotherapy: This includes Talk Therapy, EMDR and Bi-lateral Stimulation, Inner Child Work, Somatic oriented approaches, and CBT.
- Hypnotherapy and Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP): These modalities quickly shift long-standing states of discomfort and install more effective coping strategies.
- Relapse Prevention Services: We offer individual and group relapse prevention counseling, along with trouble-shooting to discover and address the causes of chronic relapse, which could include trauma, poor diet and other biochemical and nutritional imbalances. We work with Substance Use Disorders as well as Sex and Pornography Addiction.
- LENS (Low Emission Neuro-feedback Systems): This well-researched neuro-feedback system is designed to normalize brain wave activity in the brain to reduce symptoms coming from brain injury and stroke, autism spectrum disorders, such as Asbergers Syndrome, and ADHD, as well as to reduce insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety, learning issues, and cravings and withdrawal symptoms.
- Mental Health Nutrition: This powerful modality identifies and addresses nutritional and biochemical causes of symptoms such as depression, anxiety, insomnia, violence, addictive cravings, detox and withdrawal, pain and fatigue using diet changes and over-the-counter supplements. It can also support the process of tapering off psychotropic medication such as SSRI's and Benzodiazapines.
To learn more about our services, modalities, and practitioners, please click on the menu options above or continue reading.
Christina Veselak, LMFT, CN Denver-Based Psychotherapist and Mental Health Nutritionist
As a solution-focused psychotherapist and mental health nutritionist in southeast Denver, CO, my treatment approach is to provide caring support and practical skills to help my clients resolve current problems and long-standing patterns. With sensitivity and compassion, I help you find solutions to a wide range of life challenges and psychological issues.
I draw on a blend of conventional techniques and alternative styles to identify what is most helpful for each individual. I help you build on your strengths, create vibrant health and achieve your life goals. I believe that it is possible for all of us to create a life worth living!
Mental Health Nutritionist: Through my experience and training as a Mental Health Nutritionist, I have come to see how deeply our personal biochemistry affects our mood and behavior. I find that most of the time, we can find effective alternatives to psychiatric medication. What does it mean to be a Mental Health Nutritionist? I help my clients identify nutritionally based issues such as protein intake, blood sugar balance & hypoglycemia, food intolerances, and genetic issues in order to reduce depression, anxiety, insomnia, relapse, and even some psychotic symptoms. It is my experience that most complex disorders have both emotional and biochemical components to them. Therefore, we need to address both the same time for quick relief.
Contact Christina Veselak: As a licensed therapist in Denver, CO, Christina Veselak specializes in the use of EMDR therapy, somatic psychotherapy, inner child work, amino acid therapy, and integrative nutrition for PTSD, mood disorders, drug & alcohol addiction, and food & sugar addiction. Learn more about her treatment approach as a highly trained psychotherapist and Mental Health Nutritionist here. Serving such areas as Englewood, Aurora, Centennial, and more, Christina Veselak’s office at Garden Gate Counseling is located in southeast Denver. Call her today at (303) 888-9617 or click here to request an appointment.
Mr. Jan Veselak, MA, LAC, CCHT, Denver-Based Clinical Hypnotherapist, NLP Practitioner, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and Licensed Addiction Counselor
My Mission: As a therapist, I strive to help you make new discoveries about yourself and develop the internal resources to help you overcome the obstacles you face. My clients trust me to guide them on their journey to achieve the goals they set for themselves. As someone who understands the transformative power of therapy, I’m passionate about learning, listening, and bringing balance and wellness to the lives of my clients. I enjoy working with people from all walks of life, so if you or someone you love is going through a difficult time of depression, anxiety, or another mental health or addictive issue, please contact me to setup a consultation.
My Approach: I believe that recovery is like a four legged stool. Each leg helps the other to maintain balance. If a leg is missing then you have to keep busy trying to balance that you have no time for anything else. The four legs of recovery are physiological, psychological, social and spiritual. I believe that helping you balance these four aspects will aid you on your way to recovery and freedom from the oppression under which you have been living.
Contact Jan Veselak: As a licensed addiction counselor, sex addiction specialist, hypnotherapist and NLP Practitioner in Denver, CO, Jan Veselak specializes in working with trauma/PTSD, anxiety and OCD, insomnia, sex and pornography addiction, and drug and alcohol addiction. Serving such areas as Englewood, Aurora, Centennial, and more, Jan Veselak’s office in Garden Gate Counseling is located in southeast Denver. Call him today at (303) 718-6853.
Maxine Doner, RN. CSMT2 is a Registered Nurse and LENS practitioner in Southeast Denver
My Mission: Nothing brings me greater joy than assisting others with their journey to better health. It's one of the reasons I became a Registered Nurse in the first place. I am insatiably curious and love learning and exploring many avenues toward health. I believe in empowering people through education, providing choices and the latest available options with caring and kindness. Low Energy Neurofeedback (LENS) allowed me to reclaim my life and intelligence after a severe injury. I knew I wanted to assist others to do the same: to create the lives they wanted for themselves and overcome limitations such as foggy thinking, trouble finding words, completing tasks, over-coming learning disabilities and so much more, what do you desire? For more information: http://www.mindmendinglens.com/mind-menders.html
Contact Maxine Doner: 720-315-9823