Christina Veselak provides individual and couples counseling, mental health and integrative nutrition, and educational services.
Christina Veselak's treatment specializations include:
- Depression and Fatigue
- Panic Attacks and Anxiety
- Relationship Issues
- Medical and Health concerns, including Chronic Pain, and Chronic Illness
- Stress Management
- Addiction, Recovery & Relapse Prevention
- Addictive Family Issues (Co-dependency, etc.)
- Conflict Resolution and Anger Management
- Religious Addiction, Spiritual Abuse and Spiritual Growth
Within a safe, comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I work hard to help you achieve the personal growth and healing you’re striving for.
Therapy modalities I use include:
- Talk Therapy (verbally exploring your issues to achieve clarity and resolution)
- EMDR Therapy
- Ego State Therapy (Inner Child Work)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Body-Focused Therapy (somatic psychotherapy)
- Spiritual Support, Healing and Exploration as desired
- Mental Health Nutrition and Integrative Nutrition
- Amino Acid Therapy
Mental Health Nutrition and Integrative Nutrition
Many years ago, I began to discover that many of my clients became calmer, happier and more energetic as we addressed their diet and nutritional status. Through my studies as a nutritionist, and the personal experiences of my clients, myself and my family, I have discovered how many psychiatric disorders, such as addiction, depression, anxiety and even major mental illnesses, are caused, or made worse by nutritional issues.
These issues may include food allergies, poor eating habits and nutrient imbalances in the body. Some of these disorders need the intervention of skilled orthomolecular physicians and sophisticated testing. However, many times I can work with you to identify and correct nutritional imbalances that are contributing to your emotional and physical distress. If you so desire, I can also help you work with your doctor to find alternatives to psychiatric medication.
As some people find changing their diet, or taking supplements to be challenging, together we explore all your options and help you make changes that you can actually live with. I offer telephone or online nutritional consultations for clients around the world.
Integrative Nutrition Consultation for Therapists
As a service to therapists in the Metro Denver area, I offer nutritional consultations to your clients, without taking over the psychotherapy. These consultations are typically 2-3 sessions at most.
I offer individual sessions to help you determine if you or a family member are dealing with addiction and to help you find the right combination of services to insure a most successful recovery. I offer addiction treatment for not just drug and alcohol addiction, but food addiction as well. I help you create a targeted amino acid and pro-recovery diet, designed to reduce acute withdrawal symptoms, cravings and post acute withdrawal symptoms such as depression, anxiety, aggression, and insomnia. I give you individual support, along with an outside 12 Step Program, or IOP.
I also offer individual addiction treatment aftercare focusing on relapse prevention, trauma recovery, and learning how to live a clean and sober life. I specialize in working with people who have relapsed many times. I troubleshoot with you to uncover the dynamics that are keeping you from successfully applying your recovery skills. These may include past trauma, biochemical issues such as imbalanced Thyroid or Adrenal function, depleted neurotransmitters, and nutritional issues. While I am not certified as an Addiction Counselor in the State of Colorado, I have been working in the addiction field for over 30 years. I also work with co-dependency and ACA issues, and help families respond in the most helpful way to an addicted family member. I do not do interventions, but I can help you find the right interventionist and addiction treatment program to meet your needs, including for drug and alcohol addiction, and food addiction.
- In-service training for agencies and schools.
- Classes in Inner Child/Ego State work for psychotherapists.
- On-line training for professionals in biochemical and nutritional approaches to mental health and addiction recovery. These classes have been attended by psychiatrists, chiropractors, nurses, addiction counselors and other mental health professionals.
II.Program Consultation:I consult for addiction treatment programs to help them integrate nutrtional approaches into their program. This includes:
- Working with the kitchen to remove sugar and refined carbohydrates from the menu and create pro-recovery meals and snacks
- Providing educational materials for clients and curriculum for staff on using food and supplements to reduce cravings and relapse
- Creating a supplement program for clients, and training staff in how to implement it.
- Helping the medical staff understand, identify and treat underlying biochemical issues such as food allergies and intolerances, genetic polymorphisms, thyroid and adrenal imbalances, systemic inflammation and nutrient deficiencies.
Contact Christina Veselak
As a licensed therapist in Denver, CO, Christina Veselak specializes in EMDR therapy, amino acid therapy, and integrative nutrition for PTSD treatment, drug and alcohol addiction, food addiction, and even things like hypoglycemia. Learn more about her treatment approach as a Mental Health Nutritionist here. Serving such areas as Englewood, Aurora, Centennial, and more, Christina Veselak’s office is located in southeast Denver. Call her today at (303) 888-9617 or click here to request an appointment.
Relapse Prevention Services